The Alternageek Tech Show is going to the archives. It’s been a fun year and a half but it’s also been a time consuming venture that we just don’t have the resources for anymore. While the podcast won’t have any new episodes the site will continue to archive past episodes and we have future plans for greatness, just maybe not as an audio podcast. We will keep you posted on what the future holds. Thanks for listening and keep an eye out for new and exciting things happening.
In this episode we have an update on Walmart DRM servers, we talk about TDS Telecom fighting public broadband, Comcast cable installation snafu, Verizon raising SMS rates, Verisign and ICANN DNS fight, Eee PC with touchscreen, Debian asking for help with Lenny, Clickjacking browser bug, “This Runs Linux”, Gmail Goggles add-on, Google Blog Search enhancements, a lean, clean Ubuntu machine, Nerd Girls, T-Mobile G1 emulator and the Hackles cartoon.
- Techdirt – Surprise, Surprise: Walmart Changes It’s Mind, Keeps DRM Servers Running (For Now)
- The Register – US Telco: “Public broadband is illegal”
- WSBTV – Homeowner Says Cable Mistake Filled Kitchen With Raw Sewage
- CenterNetworks – Verizon Triples SMS Marketing Rates; Will It Affect Twitter?
- Wired – Verisign and ICANN Square Off Over the DNS Root
- Shiny Shiny – Next generation Eee PCs will be touchscreen
- Tectonic – Debian postpones Lenny, calls for help
- LinuxInsider – Creepy Clickjacking Bug Lets Hackers Control Webcams
- This Runs Linux
- Xoke – I’m Linux…
- Gizmodo – Official Gmail Goggles Add-On Prevents Shameful Drunken Emailing
- Google Blog – Browse what the world is saying on Blog Search
- Make Tech Easier – 8 Ways to Maintain a Clean, Lean Ubuntu Machine
- Popgadget – Nerd Girls website encourages women into tech and science
- Nerd Girls
- T-Mobile – G1 Emulator
Alternageek.com Podcast, Episode 50 for the week of October 13th, 2008 – Featuring Linuxchic and TechMonkey.