In this episode we talk about the videos we took at the LinuxWorld Expo conference, the recent VMWare 3.5 Update 2 issue, Vista security, a landmark legal decision for Open Source Licenses, Ohio suing Diebold (now Premier Election Solutions) over faulty voting machines, the 10 worst web glitches of 2008 (so far), EFF’s Switzerland ISP packet monitoring tool and T-Mobile offering the first Google Android phone.
Alternageek LinuxWorld coverage and videos:
- VMWare – Current status on ESX/ESXi 3.5 Update 2 issue
- VMWare – ESX 3.5 Update 2 resolution and patch
- Ars Technica – Black Hat’s Alexander Sotirov – Vista security is not broken
- LinuxInsider – Open Source Wins Landmark Legal Validation
- Ars Technica – Ohio sues e-voting company, can’t ditch faulty machines
- C/Net – 10 Worst Web Glitches of 2008 (so far)
- Ars Technica – EFF “Switzerland” packet monitor tool looks for ISP meddling
- NYTimes – T-Mobile to Offer First Phone With Google Software
- Wired – Unofficial Blog Says First Google Phone Has a Release Date and a Name: G1
Alternageek.com Podcast, Episode 46 for the week of August 18th, 2008 – Featuring Linuxchic and TechMonkey.
You’re currently reading “Alternageek Episode 46: Open Source For The Win”, an entry on alt the podcast
- 08.19.08 / 12pm