In this episode we get exuberant about the newly announced T-Mobile G1 Android phone. There are both good and not so good things about the G1 but overall we both would love to get one. We also cover AT&T temporarily reducing speeds for U-verse customers, RIAA-Jammie Thomas mistrial, Apple being not so nice to iPhone developers, Hollywood and ISPs forming a filtering coalition, photo mapping with Flickr bikes and Bejeweled coming to Warcraft.
- Ars Technica – AT&T will “temporarily reduce” speeds for U-verse customers
- Wired – Judge Declares Mistrial in RIAA-Jammie Thomas Trial
- Techdirt – Apple Shuts Off Loophole For Podcaster App Developer; He Switches Over To Android
- Slashdot – Apple Censors App Store Rejection Notices
- Gizmodo – Hollywood Teams with AT&T and Others In Possible Packet-Filtering Coalition
- Wired – Large Hadron Collider’s Hacker Infiltration Highlights Vulnerabilities
- Mashable – How Many Times Will Mobile Operators Repeat the Same Mistake?
- Engadget – T-Mobile G1 impressions: what we love, what we don’t
- Techcrunch – A Sneak Peek At The Android App Market
- T-Mobile – Introducing T-Mobile G1 With Google
- Engadget – T-Mobile G1 manual leaks out
- Lifehacker – “Flickr Bikes” Photo-Map Locales Across The Globe
- Wired – Bejeweled, Warcraft Combine to Form World’s Most Addictive Game
- Cowtown Computer Congress Kansas City – CCCKC
- iHacked – First Views of Kansas City Hackerspace
Alternageek.com Podcast, Episode 49 for the week of September 29th, 2008 – Featuring Linuxchic and TechMonkey.
You’re currently reading “Alternageek Episode 49: Deja Vu Ditto”, an entry on alt the podcast
- 09.30.08 / 8am